- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1.5 TBSP Butter
- 1 16 oz can tomato pieces
- 1 onion
- 1 carrott
- 1 large rib of celery
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 cup rice
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1. Cut up the vegetables.
- 2. Heat a pan with lid over medium high heat till butter begins to brown.
- Add salted and peppered chicken to pan and brown on both sides. (If you don't have time, you can skip this step, but it is a nice touch).
- 3. Add the vegetables to the pan and saute until tender.
- Then add the rice and stir for a minute or 2.
- 4. Add the can of tomatoes with the liquid and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to very low.
- Let simmer about 30 minutes until sauce has thicked.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed and serve.
- The exact amount of water is difficult to figure out.
- Check after 20 minutes to see if there is enough in the pan. If not, add 1/4 cup of boiling water and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
The Naked Macaron
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Mexican Wedding Cakes
Classic Beef Stew
chocolate peanut butter cream cheese fillingSee More