CHICKEN IN TOMATO SAUCE
- 4 Chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1.5 TBSP Butter
- 1 16 oz can tomato pieces
- 1 onion
- 1 carrott
- 1 large rib of celery
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 cup rice
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Cut up the vegetables.
2. Heat a pan with lid over medium high heat till butter begins to brown.
Add salted and peppered chicken to pan and brown on both sides. (If you don't have time, you can skip this step, but it is a nice touch).
3. Add the vegetables to the pan and saute until tender.
Then add the rice and stir for a minute or 2.
4. Add the can of tomatoes with the liquid and 1/2 cup of water.
Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to very low.
Let simmer about 30 minutes until sauce has thicked.
Season with more salt and pepper if needed and serve.
The exact amount of water is difficult to figure out.
Check after 20 minutes to see if there is enough in the pan. If not, add 1/4 cup of boiling water and continue to cook for 10 more minutes.