- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 small wooden skewers
- 2 6 ounce containers plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup scallions (2), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- Soak skewers in water.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, lemon juice, scallions, mustard, basil, sugar, garlic, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce. Remove 1 1/3 cups; refrigerate.
- Add chicken to remaining yogurt mixture. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
- Heat broiler. Thread chicken strips onto soaked skewers. Coat broiler-pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place skewers on rack.
- Broil skewers 7 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn over and broil until cooked through, 2 minutes. Remove to serving platter. Serve with reserved yogurt mixture as dipping sauce.
- Makes 24 skewers.
NotesA nice different flair of meat to serve at your next bar-b-que.
Food Travels Through Italy
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More