- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 small wooden skewers
- 2 6 ounce containers plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup scallions (2), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- Soak skewers in water.
- In medium-size bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, lemon juice, scallions, mustard, basil, sugar, garlic, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce. Remove 1 1/3 cups; refrigerate.
- Add chicken to remaining yogurt mixture. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
- Heat broiler. Thread chicken strips onto soaked skewers. Coat broiler-pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place skewers on rack.
- Broil skewers 7 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn over and broil until cooked through, 2 minutes. Remove to serving platter. Serve with reserved yogurt mixture as dipping sauce.
- Makes 24 skewers.
NotesA nice different flair of meat to serve at your next bar-b-que.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More