- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryMy friend and neighbor Missy (she's from Kansas) went shoe shopping together for the first time. After a fun day of bonding, laughing and trying on every boot imaginable, we were famished. Missy is on a strict diet (no gluten, no dairy, and no veggies from the deadly nightshade family, ie tomatoes & peppers) eating out can be challenging. So we decided to make a quick stop and grab some soup ingredients.
It was a cold fall day, and chili seemed like the hardy answer, but in order to not harm my friend I had to make it without tomatoes or peppers! This soup was my tasty solution.
- 1 lb Chicken Breast - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 can Cannalini beans
- olive oil
- white pepper 1/2 tsp
- thyme 1 tsp
- chicken stock 16 oz
- Heat a soup pot over med heat
- Add several TBS of olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and cook until it's translucent.
- Add the white pepper and the thyme.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the beans.
- Add the kale
- Simmer stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.