- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles, cooked and drained.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach or broccoli, thawed
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into very thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Put about 2 1/2 lb. of chicken pieces, or a whole 3-lb. chicken in a 4 qt pot with 3 1/2 cups of water & 1 1/2 t. of salt. Cover, bring to a boil, & simmer until tender, perhaps 40 min. to an hr. Cool, remove the chicken from the broth, take the meat off the bones & dice it. Save the broth. In a smaller pan, melt the butter & blend in the flour, salt, & oregano Stir in the chicken broth and cook, stirring, until it is thickened & boiling. Remove from heat and add the diced chicken. In a small bowl beat the egg. Add the cottage cheese, mashing it to make a spreadable mixture. Lightly grease the bake-pan. Place 1/3 of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a 13x9x2 lasagna pan or casserole dish, top with 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mix, 1/2 of the spinach and 1/2 of the mozzarella. Repeat, ending with the last 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan on top. Bake at 375F for 45 min.