½ pound cooked and drained lasagna noodles (9 noodles)
½ cup (8 tablespoons) butter
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon basil
3 cups chicken broth
2½ to 3 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 egg, whisked
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, drained and squeezed dry
¼ pound sliced Mozzarella cheese
¼ pound grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan; blend in flour, salt, and basil. Stir in broth and cook until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and add chicken.
3. Mix cottage cheese with the whisked egg.
4. Layer as follows in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish:
One-third of chicken mixture
One-third (3) lasagna noodles
One-half of cottage cheese
One-half of spinach
One-half of sliced Mozzarella
5. Repeat layers using remaining portions, ending with chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese; bake for 45 minutes