- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * 2 pounds bone-in chicken pieces
- * 1 large onion, finely chopped
- * 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- * 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- * 3/4 cup dried lentils
- * 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- * 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken pieces 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
- 2. Place onion in the skillet, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in the carrot and garlic. Stir in the lentils and broth, and season with salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 3. Return chicken to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking 20 minutes. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little water to just moisten.
- 4. Stir tomato sauce into the skillet. Season with rosemary and basil. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir in lemon juice, and serve warm.
NotesThe original recipe was found at allrecipes.com. This version is a copy of the original, and I will be back to edit this with my own twist to the recipe. I will also provide Vegan tips to transform the recipe!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten-Free and Delicious
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More