CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS
- Cooking Time: 2 min.
- Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small carrots, diced
- 1/2 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup mung beans, cut in 1/2
- 2 chicken breast, diced
- 6 ounces Apricot Sesame Sambal Szechwan Sauce, recipe follows
- 5 fried wonton skins
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons crushed, unsalted peanuts
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Apricot Sesame Sambal Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons sambal hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
In a medium saute pan over high heat, add oil. Add vegetables, and chicken, saute for 45 seconds. Deglaze with sambal sauce for 30 seconds.
Add wonton to lettuce cup, pour chicken and veg mix into cup, top with green onions and peanuts. Garnish lettuce cups with black sesame seeds.
Apricot Sesame Sambal Sauce:
Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Shake before serving.