CHICKEN LETTUCE CUPS
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 2 T. peanut oil
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 24 Shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 small cans water chestnuts, chopped
- Choose either, iceberg lettuce, Boston bib, or Belgian Endive
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 T. seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 T. orange juice
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 4 T. oyster sauce
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- Combine these ingredients and set aside
Heat a skillet and add peanut and Sesame oils.
Saute mushrooms, carrots, scallions, ginger, and garlic till soft.
Add chicken, cook stirring constantly
Add pepper and sauce mixture
Reduce heat to simmer, cook 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove chicken mixture from heat and add chopped water chestnuts.
Spoon into lettuce cups, or wrap in lettuce leaves and serve