- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
BackstoryMy friend Sandy brought this to our Christmas luncheon and it was a big hit, I couldn't wait to try it. I made it over New Year's and my family loved it.
- 2 T. peanut oil
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 24 Shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 small cans water chestnuts, chopped
- Choose either, iceberg lettuce, Boston bib, or Belgian Endive
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 T. seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 T. orange juice
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 4 T. oyster sauce
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- Combine these ingredients and set aside
- Heat a skillet and add peanut and Sesame oils.
- Saute mushrooms, carrots, scallions, ginger, and garlic till soft.
- Add chicken, cook stirring constantly
- Add pepper and sauce mixture
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken mixture from heat and add chopped water chestnuts.
- Spoon into lettuce cups, or wrap in lettuce leaves and serve
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More