- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 2 T. peanut oil
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 24 Shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 small cans water chestnuts, chopped
- Choose either, iceberg lettuce, Boston bib, or Belgian Endive
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 T. seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 T. orange juice
- 4 T. brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 4 T. oyster sauce
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- Combine these ingredients and set aside
- Heat a skillet and add peanut and Sesame oils.
- Saute mushrooms, carrots, scallions, ginger, and garlic till soft.
- Add chicken, cook stirring constantly
- Add pepper and sauce mixture
- Reduce heat to simmer, cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken mixture from heat and add chopped water chestnuts.
- Spoon into lettuce cups, or wrap in lettuce leaves and serve
NotesMy friend Sandy brought this to our Christmas luncheon and it was a big hit, I couldn't wait to try it. I made it over New Year's and my family loved it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More