- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- peanut oil, for deep frying
- 2 oz dried rice vermicelli noodles, broken in sections
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated freash ginger
- 1 iceburg or romain lettuce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon mild-hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Mix together the chicken mince, soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- Half-fil a deep fryer or large pan with peanut oil and heat to moderately hot. Add the rice noodles in small batches (they increase in size rapidly, causing the oil to rise) anf fry for 1-2 seconds, or until puffed. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- To make the suace, combine all the ingredients and stir until the cornflour has dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat a little peanut oil in a wok. Add the chicken mixture and fry for 3-4 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a fork or wooden spoon. Add the red pepper, water chestnuts, spring onion and ginger to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce to the wok and stir for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and mix in the noodles, reserveing a few for garnish. Form the lettuce leaves into 6-8 cups and divide the chicken mixture among them. Sprinkle the reserve noodles on top
NotesThese were pretty close to the PF Changs Lettuce Wraps. These are really good!
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More