- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp mushroom soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 tbs rice wine
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper oil (optional)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 large leaves Boston/Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- vegetable oil as needed
- 1/4 lb Chinese rice noodle stick
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- To prepare noodles: Place 6" vegetable oil in a large sauce pan or wok (sufficient to deep fry the noodles). Heat oil to 350F. Divide noodles into quarters and place them one at a time into the oil. Be careful, the noodles will rapidly expand. Quickly remove the noodles to avoid burning. Place cooked noodles on paper towel to drain excess oil. While the noodles cool, wash the lettuce being careful not to bruise or break the leaves.
- To prepare the filling: Heat the wok & add 1 tbs oil. Add the chicken, white onion, water chestnuts, and garlic. Stir fry until warm and fragrant. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, white pepper, oyster sauce, and hot oil. Continue to stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Turn off the heat and add sesame oil and green onion.
- To serve: Place a lettuce leaf on plate. Add fried rice noodles and top with filling.
NotesThis recipe was on the website of one of our local TV stations. The recipe was provided by the Oriental Wok Restaurant that has several locations in Northern Kentucky.