- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 min plus chilling
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup rendered chicken fat or canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melba rounds or assorted crackers
- In a large skillet, saute chicken livers and onion in chicken fat for 10 minutes or until livers are no longer pink. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until chicken livers are coarsely chopped.
- Add the mushrooms, eggs, 1 tablespoon sherry or broth, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth, adding more sherry or broth if needed for pate to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with melba rounds or assorted crackers. Yield: 12 servings.
NotesMy family loves this spread with cracker. But I've also put it to use as a sandwich filling with lettuce and tomato
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More