- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2# chicken livers, trimmed
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 7 canned anchovy fillets, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken livers in large pot of simmering salted water; about 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in heavy saucepan. Add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add brandy and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Finely grind chicken livers, onion mixture, anchovies and remaining butter in processor. Add spices and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl. Refrigerate at least one hour (can be prepared 2 days in advance). Keep refrigerated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking with SabraSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More