- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces long rice
- 20 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken, cubed
- 2 inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, juliented
- 6 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
- Soak long rice in warm water for 1 hour. Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes and drain. Remove stems and slice caps.
- Pour chicken broth into a large pot, add chicken and ginger and simmer for 5 minutes. Add onion, celery, carrots and mushrooms, and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Drain long rice and cut into 3 inch lengths. Add long rice and green onions to the pot and stir. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until long rice becomes translucent.
- This and many other wonderful Hawaiian recipes you can find in Sam Choice's Wonderful World of Hawaiian Cuisine.
NotesChicken Long Rice is a must have dish at traditional luaus. What is long rice? Long Rice is also known as bean threads or cellophane noodles as is made with mung beans, and can be purchased at your local Oriental food market.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More