- 3/4 fine bread crumbs (I used fine and panko mixed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boneless
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 15-1/2 oz jar of spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of half & half cream
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2 crosswise (I used 6)
- 6 slices of swiss cheese (I didn't use)
- 1 Tbs parm cheese
- Cooked noodles (optional) (I used spaghetti noodles)
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet dry Italian seasoning mix (my addition before adding cheese)
Combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture then into the bread crumb mixture and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
Combine the marinara sauce and 1/2 and 1/2. Mix well. Reserve a 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. Pour remaining sauce into t alightly greased 13x9x2" baking dish. Top with the chicken. Cover and Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Place a slice of swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast. Top ach one with some of the reserved sauce. About a Tbs per breast. Sprinkle with the parm cheese, cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over hot cooked noodles.