- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 fine bread crumbs (I used fine and panko mixed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boneless
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 15-1/2 oz jar of spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of half & half cream
- 3 slices of mozzarella cheese, cut in 1/2 crosswise (I used 6)
- 6 slices of swiss cheese (I didn't use)
- 1 Tbs parm cheese
- Cooked noodles (optional) (I used spaghetti noodles)
- 1 (0.7 oz) packet dry Italian seasoning mix (my addition before adding cheese)
- Combine the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture then into the bread crumb mixture and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Combine the marinara sauce and 1/2 and 1/2. Mix well. Reserve a 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. Pour remaining sauce into t alightly greased 13x9x2" baking dish. Top with the chicken. Cover and Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese and mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast. Top ach one with some of the reserved sauce. About a Tbs per breast. Sprinkle with the parm cheese, cover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
NotesRecipe from Appy_Girl (TOH) Photo by me! The chicken in this dish was so tender! My family loved it! They said it was as good as any Italian restaurant! LOL! DH said the cream really made the marinara delicious! I think next time, I'm going to add 8 more ounces of marinara and some more cream so there will be plenty to go on the spaghetti! I will be making this many times over! Served with Texas toast garlic bread slices topped with mozzarella and monterery cheese!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More