- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5oz each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil OR 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- dash salt & pepper
- 2-1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup marsala wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesean cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, basil, salt and pepper. Add chicken, once piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter for 4-5 minutes, cook chicken until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining butter for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the wine or broth and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third.
- Return chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesean cheese. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More