- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 c. flour
- 6 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 oz. each
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 c. marsala wine
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1 package (10 oz.) couscous
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. chopped parsley
- 1. Place the flour on a large plate. Coat the chicken in the flour. Heat a large nonstick skillet (that has a lid) over medium-high heat. Add 1 T. of oil and saute half the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes per side until lightly browned. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with a second T. of the oil and the remaining chicken.
- 2. Add the remaining T. of oit to the skillet and stir in the mustrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Off heat, add in the marsala and cook for 1 minute, scraping any browned bits from the skillet. add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Gently simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare the couscous following package directions. Opt for adding chicken broth instead of water. Sometimes I stir in chopped parsley or garlic.
- 4. Stir in butter and parsley into the sauce and serve with the cooked couscous. (Sometimes I forget to add the butter and we still love it. If the sauce is too runny, I then add a teaspoon of cornstarch stirred into 1/4 c. water to the sauce.)
NotesThis recipe is so easy, but is a favorite that Toshi asks me to make. Leftovers are good, too. Don't be substituting other wines or sherry for the Marsala wine. Find a good bottle for cooking and it will last a long time. We only do couscous, no substituting rice or pasta. Other types of mushrooms can be used, but brown ones will give you the best flavor in this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More