- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a Phase 1 recipe with almond meal/flour, Phase 2 with whole wheat flour (the almond meal/flour is the preferred version, adds an entirely new and different flavor to an old classic!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb. total)
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour OR whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley
- Place chicken breasts between layers of plastic wrap; pound to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 8 smaller pieces.
- Combine pastry flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Heat olive oil in heavy skillet over medium heat; add margarine. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture, add to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots and garlic to skillet and saute about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms; add Marsala wine and broth. Cook and stir 10 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Return chicken to skillet and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Place on serving platter and garnish with snips of parsley.
- For Phase 2, goes well with brown rice
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe AuctionSee More
Oreo Dessert (Cookies & Cream)
Homemade Baking PowderSee More