- Cooking Time: 210
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 12 tortillas
- Place the onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, nutmeg, cocoa powder and cilantro.
- Place the chicken in the sauce making sure to cover entirely with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high until chicken is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Using two forks, remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board and shred the meat. Stir the shredded meat into the sauce and serve with tortillas.
NotesWhen there is no time to make a traditional Chicken Mole, this crockpot recipe will do the trick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More