- Cooking Time: 210
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 12 tortillas
- Place the onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in a slow cooker.
- Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, nutmeg, cocoa powder and cilantro.
- Place the chicken in the sauce making sure to cover entirely with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on high until chicken is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Using two forks, remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board and shred the meat. Stir the shredded meat into the sauce and serve with tortillas.
NotesWhen there is no time to make a traditional Chicken Mole, this crockpot recipe will do the trick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More