- Cooking Time: 210
- Servings: 6
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 12 tortillas
Place the onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in a slow cooker.
Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, nutmeg, cocoa powder and cilantro.
Place the chicken in the sauce making sure to cover entirely with the sauce.
Cover and cook on high until chicken is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
Using two forks, remove the chicken to a plate or cutting board and shred the meat. Stir the shredded meat into the sauce and serve with tortillas.