- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryFrom Lyn-Genet The Plan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- I onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 oz red wine
- 4 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Course black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- I chicken cut into eight pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and spices and continue to sauté to toast and develop flavor. About 2 minutes. Add chipotles, wine, stock, and chocolate. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and purée until smooth.
- Sear chicken in a heavy bottomed hot sauté pan over medium heat until browned on all sides. Add to baking or casserole dish cover with sauce and braise in the oven for 45 minutes.