- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- I onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 oz red wine
- 4 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Course black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- I chicken cut into eight pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and spices and continue to sauté to toast and develop flavor. About 2 minutes. Add chipotles, wine, stock, and chocolate. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and purée until smooth.
- Sear chicken in a heavy bottomed hot sauté pan over medium heat until browned on all sides. Add to baking or casserole dish cover with sauce and braise in the oven for 45 minutes.
NotesFrom Lyn-Genet The Plan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More