- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 5
- 5 oz (about 4 dozen medium) unsalted tortilla chips
- 1 can (9.75 oz) white premium chunk chicken breast in water, drained
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned pinto beans
- 1 cup drained canned diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 3 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Arrange chips on a large, microwave-safe platter.
- Break the chicken in pieces and scatter over the chips. Scatter the beans over the chicken and the tomatoes over the beans. Top with an even layer of cheese and microwave at full-power until the cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Total cost: $7.99
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 380; Total fat 17g; Saturated fat 6g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 850mg; Carbohydrate 36g; Fiber 5g; Protein 23g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 8%DV; Calcium 25%DV; Iron 10%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesIf your idea of nachos is limited to snack time - think again. This super easy supper version is a complete meal, delivering plenty of vegetables, protein-rich food, grain, and dairy food in every portion and it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish. Because it relies on pantry staples, Mealtime.org’s Chicken Nachos is a great spur-of-the-moment dinner you’re likely to have all of the ingredients right in your pantry.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More