- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add the broth, carrots, celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over chicken mixture. Add noodles; mix well.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.