- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Add the broth, carrots, celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over chicken mixture. Add noodles; mix well.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More