- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 bowls
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 large stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups egg noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Bring broth and water to a simmer over medium-high heat in a large pot. Debone the chicken and separate the meat from the skin and bones. Set the meat aside and add the skin and bones to the simmering broth. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer for an hour.
- Strain broth through a colander into a large bowl; reserve broth and discard skin and bones. Set the pot over medium-high heat and add the oil. When hot, saute the onions, carrots, and celery until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken, broth and thyme. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the egg noodles and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in parsley, reserving some for garnish, and remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- To freeze: You can freeze with or without the noodles. To freeze with the noodles, cool the finished soup and transfer to quart-size freezer bags and reheat on the stovetop. To freeze without the noodles, cool the soup and transfer to quart-size freezer bags. Reheat the soup on the stove top, adding about 1/3 cup uncooked egg noodles per reheated serving. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve.
NotesConfections of a Foodie Bride
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More