- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. boneless chicken tenders
- veg. oil for deep frying
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 c. water
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp Heinz 57 Sauce
- SWEET & SOUR SAUCE:
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 2 heaping Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 grn. pepper, cut into small squares
- 2 Tbsp. canned pineapples chunks
- Cut chicken into nugget size pieces (1x1/2").
- Put oil in deep fryer or put about 2-3 in. in a dutch oven; Heat to 360 degrees.
- Mix flour with salt in small bowl.
- Mix vinegar with baking soda.
- Add vinegar mixture & water to the flour mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Dip nuggets into batter, allow excess batter to drop back into bowl.
- Fry chicken nuggets, 4-6 at a time, until golden brown, or about 4 min for each batch.
- Serves 4.
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- Combine ingred.
- Mix and store in a covered container in fridge.
- Will keep up to 2 months.
- SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- Combine first 4 ingred. in saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Thicken with dissoved cornstarch.
- Stir constantly.
- Add grn. pepper & pineapple. Stir.
NotesMy grandaughter could live on chicken nuggets with the honey-mustard sauce. I found this on-line some time ago, but do not remember where.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More