CHICKEN PAD THAI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bottle pre-made pad thai sauce
- 1/2 package of bahn pho noodles (small or medium width)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, sliced in matchsticks
- 1-2 boiled chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 block tofu, diced
- 2 eggs, cooked & scrambled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- crushed peanuts
- lime wedges
- In a pot, boil water and add rice noodles. Cook noodles until softened; drain & set aside.
- In a large pan, add oil and prepare scrambled eggs. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In same pan, add oil. Add garlic, onions and sliced carrots. When softened, add cooked chicken.
- Add entire bottle of sauce; stir to coat. Add tofu; stir to coat. Add cooked noodles & scrambled eggs.
- To serve, plate noodles and top with cilantro, green onions, bean sprouts, peanuts and lime.
NotesOne thing I love about our new neighborhood is the close proximity we are to asian markets. There is a thriving neighborhood called "Argyle" that is home to many Vietnamese and Thai Chicagoans. I'm in heaven while grocery shopping within the Argyle neighborhood... because so many of the asian ingredients I use can be found at much better prices here.
While shopping in Argyle, I decided to make some Pad Thai. Making pad thai sauce from scratch is often a lengthy process involving lots of ingredients to get the perfect sweet and spicy flavors reminicent of traditional pad thai. So while shopping in the asian markets, I found a pre-made pad thai sauce that looked promising. With it, I made chicken pad thai.
Here is my cheater's recipe for Chicken Pad Thai: