- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs parmesan cheese,divided
- 4 Skinless,boneless chicken breasts,pounded to 1/2-inch thickness(4 ounces each)
- 1 egg,beaten
- 2 Tbs margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix crumbs with 1 Tbs parmesan in shallow dish. Dip chicken into beaten egg.
- Roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat;add chicken.
- Cook,turning once,about 5 minutes.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Add tomato sauce,basil and garlic powder to skillet;mix well with pan drippings.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or untill slightly thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with fettuccine or any type of pasta.
- SERVES 4