- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 cup marinara (see recipe)
- slices of mozzarella cheese for each cutlet (or 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salit in a shallow bowl. Pour olive oil in a separate bowl. Lightly coat each cutlet with oil then coat evenly with the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the chicken on a large baking sheet and bake until the meat is no longer pink, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce evenly over cutlets and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
Notes"The Mom's Guide to Meal Makeovers"