- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI like the taste of sauce made with wine, so I always use my own ragu - usually leftover sauce from the day before - to make this dish.
I use parmigiano-reggiano and sea salt instead of plain old parmesan and salt because their flavors are so strong. This dish goes great with a garlic pasta. Good stuff.
When I cook anything with ragu, I always have Elmo Pio Chianti on the table with a loaf of crusty bread.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cleaned.
- Sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Ragu (meat sauce)
- 1 tsp for each breast Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean, rinse and pat-dry the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on each breast.
- Coat each one in flour, then eggs and finally in bread crumbs, press crumbs in.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Spoon sauce over each breast to cover.
- Spoon on the parmigiano-reggiano.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella to cover.
- Bake for at least 40 minutes.
- Going longer will leave a firmer, crispier cheese crust.