- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-ish
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely or minced
- 2 ounces yellow pepper, chopped coarsely (2 ounces is about half a pepper)
- 1 1/2 ounces pre-sliced baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces precooked chicken cubes, chopped
- 4-5 ounces whole wheat penne pasta, uncooked
- 2-3 tablespoons tomato and herb based salad dressing
- Saute garlic, pepper and mushrooms in olive oil until tender. Remove from heat and stir in chicken and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta.
- Toss chicken mixture with pasta and stir in salad dressing.
- Refrigerate until cold; serve straight from refrigerator.
NotesI adapted this recipe from the back of a Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta box. It's great as a main course or a side dish and is best served cold straight from the refrigerator. This recipe can be suited to your taste, so add as much or little of anything as you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More