- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance (or butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/2 lb Farfalle, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, for garnish
- 2 basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Add oil to a saute pan and cook the chicken over medium heat until done. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add butter, garlic, and flour, mixing until bubbly. Add half-and-half and stir until combined. Whisk in the pesto and bring to a boil, cooking until thickened. Add chicken and cooked farfalle to the pan and toss to coat well. Serve topped with tomatoes and chopped fresh basil.
- Yields 2 dinner-sized servings and enough for my husband's lunch tomorrow.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesLa Madeleine's Chicken Pesto Pasta is one of my husband's favorite meals to grab on the weekend. I recreated the dish at home to ease the calorie load.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More