- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance (or butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1/2 lb Farfalle, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, for garnish
- 2 basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Add oil to a saute pan and cook the chicken over medium heat until done. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add butter, garlic, and flour, mixing until bubbly. Add half-and-half and stir until combined. Whisk in the pesto and bring to a boil, cooking until thickened. Add chicken and cooked farfalle to the pan and toss to coat well. Serve topped with tomatoes and chopped fresh basil.
- Yields 2 dinner-sized servings and enough for my husband's lunch tomorrow.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesLa Madeleine's Chicken Pesto Pasta is one of my husband's favorite meals to grab on the weekend. I recreated the dish at home to ease the calorie load.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More