- Cooking Time: 11
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper, pound with flat side of meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick.
- Put flour on small plate.
- Put egg in shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper and put on another small plate.
- Roll each breast half in flour, then in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook another 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skollet.
- Cook and stir over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
NotesI don't recall who gave me this recipe, but I first tried it about ten years ago. The response I got from my family made me think I could actually cook other things beside spaghetti and "Garlic Bread". LOL
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More