- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
NotesThis is one of Giada's recipes from Everyday Italian, but it is so good and so simple. I add a little bit of garlic salt and some pepper to my dredging flour just to give it some kick, and it turns out really well. I also use thin-sliced chicken breasts instead of butterflying regular ones just to make life that much simpler ;-)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More