- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI wish I could take credit for the recipe, but it comes from Giada De Laurentis (I guess technically I should file under "celebrity recipes", wasn't sure). Anyway, I was looking for a good chicken piccata recipe on the foodtv website, and I love Giada, so I tried this one. It is fantastic. Simple and so very delish. (I've added my own notes parenthetically.)
- 2 skinless and bonelss chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half (or you could use 6-8 breast tenderloins pounded out instead of butterflied, either works beautifully)
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter
- 5 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, melt two TBSP butter with 3 TBSP olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add half of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and tranfer to plate.
- Melt 2 more TBSP butter and another 2 TBSP olive oil.
- When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner.
- REmove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Check for seasoning.
- Return all chicken to the pan and simemr for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Add remaininf 2 TBSP butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- (I serve this with white rice doctored up with butter, salt and pepper. It is so tasty when the rice soaks up the juice from the chicken picatta)