- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, no skin, butterflied
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons capers
- lemon slices to garnish
- Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts in batches, about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through.
- Return chicken to the skillet; heat until sauce thickens a bit and reduces by about 1/2
- Add capers
- Serve with your favorite pasta
NotesThe first time I had this was at a lovely restaurant my husband and I go to every year for out birthdays (our birthdays are 2 days apart). At the time I didn't even know what a caper was! Of course once I ate this dish, I fell in love it and had to find the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More