- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, no skin, butterflied
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons capers
- lemon slices to garnish
- Put chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap; pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dredge chicken breasts to coat well.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté chicken breasts in batches, about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Stir in chicken broth, scraping to loosen browned bits. Add lemon juice and heat through.
- Return chicken to the skillet; heat until sauce thickens a bit and reduces by about 1/2
- Add capers
- Serve with your favorite pasta
NotesThe first time I had this was at a lovely restaurant my husband and I go to every year for out birthdays (our birthdays are 2 days apart). At the time I didn't even know what a caper was! Of course once I ate this dish, I fell in love it and had to find the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More