- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 8 mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- hand full of frozen peas
- instand gravy granules
- boiling water
- 4 oz plain flour
- 2 oz marg
- rub flour and marg together
- mix a couple of tablespoons of cold water in
- draw dough togehter with hands - add more water if needed
- wrap in cling flim and refrigerate
- Fry the onion on a medium heat in a little oil untill soft
- Add the chicken and fry till brown
- add the mushrooms for a couple of minutes
- put all these into a baking dish, stir in the peas
- sprinkle some gravey granules and pour boiling water over - adjust untill gravey is a thick as you like it.
- roll out pastry and put on top - make a cut in the middle.
- Cook for 40 minutes on 190C
NotesMy husband and I love chicken pie. We like it with thin gravy and with thick gravy, with carrots and without. We just make up our own recipies for it. This is one of our favourites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More