- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 2 cup servings
- Preparation Time:
- 3 C veggie broth
- 1 C chicken broth
- 6 oz chicken, cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can pinto bean, drained
- 1 can homini, drained
- 1 C your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 tsp dried epazote (or cilantro or oregano)
- 1 or 2 tsp cumin
- Smokey Chipotle Tabasco, a few good shakes
- 4 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a soup pot.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into 1/2 in strips, spread out on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss and rearrange back to a single layer.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips over bowls of soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, cubes of avocado, or reduced fat shredded cheese.
- Nutritional Info per 2 Cup Serving
- Calories: 324.7
- Fat: 3.5
- Carbs: 53.3
- Protein: 17.9
NotesI just threw together a low fat soup with what I had on hand. It was pretty tasty too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More