- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 5 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 3/4 cup chunky garden pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1. Allow puff pastry to defrost at room temperature for at least 2-1/2 hours. When defrosted divide into two half’s. Cover with a towel until needed. In a medium saucepan on medium heat add chicken breast, cover with water and allow to cook, about 20 minutes or until done. Drain water then shred chicken.
- 2. In a sauté pan on medium heat, add chicken, pasta sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well, allow to cook 5 minutes. Roll each dough into a thin circle, a circle that will cover a 9 inch pie pan. Lightly butter pie pan bottom and sides. Add one circle of pastry into the pan, covering. Carefully prick dough with a fork. Add chicken mix, and then sprinkle cheese. Add second pastry circle on top, covering meat. With fingers, press edges of each circle together, to form slight mound. With a pastry brush, carefully brush egg yolk all over pastry. Make small slit in top middle of Buraik.
- 3. In a pre-heated 350 F oven bake Buraik 25-30 minutes, until top is golden.
NotesBuraik is a popular Arabic recipe. I have known two versions of Buraik, one being ground beef, eggs, and the other bananas and cream, which is a dessert Buraik. Its fun to make old classics have new twist. This version is so tasty you will have everyone begging you to make it again.
Fun appetizers and snacks
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More