- Cooking Time: 30-40min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10-15min
- 1/2 stewed Chicken, deboned, deskinned and pulled (stewed in your favorite tangy & savory spices; I used Dijon, cracked pepper, pepper flakes, garlic, Lawry's, and Montreal seasoning, w/1/2 stick of butter in 1" water in Crockpot for 8hrs- save and freeze other 1/2 chicken)
- Olive Oil (I used a sun-dried tomato infused oil)
- 8-10 Redskin Potatoes, quartered
- 1/2c green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2c sweet Onion, chopped
- 2-3cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1can diced or crushed Tomatoes
- 1+tsps Paprika
- 1+tsps Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4c Parsley, chopped
- 1-2c reserved Stock from stewing chicken
- couple splashes of Red Wine or redwine Vinegar
- cooked long-grain Rice, for serving
- Parsley and grated Parmesan for garnish
- Heat oil in Dutch oven; saute pepper, onion, potatoes and garlic 7-10min.
- Add tomatoes, spices; stir and cook 3-5min.
- Add parsley, chicken meat and stock, and splash or 3 of wine/vinegar to taste; blend well, reduce heat, cover (w/lid cocked slightly) and cook, stirring occasionally til potatoes are tender; start out w/1c stock and add more if need be to thin sauce.
- Serve over rice w/garnish, and bread on the side.
NotesI was looking for something to make w/chicken, potatoes and tomatoes. We have the hubby's boy up from FLA for a few weeks, and oddly, he does NOT like the SPICEY! So, I have to tone it down a notch or two. I found a number of versions of this on the Internet; as we all know, following instructions of any sort is not my forté, so natch- this is my version and it turned out quite well, thankuverymuch. The Kid LOVED it. His daddy had already warned him I was a "cook".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More