- Cooking Time: 30-40min
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10-15min
BackstoryI was looking for something to make w/chicken, potatoes and tomatoes. We have the hubby's boy up from FLA for a few weeks, and oddly, he does NOT like the SPICEY! So, I have to tone it down a notch or two. I found a number of versions of this on the Internet; as we all know, following instructions of any sort is not my forté, so natch- this is my version and it turned out quite well, thankuverymuch. The Kid LOVED it. His daddy had already warned him I was a "cook".
- 1/2 stewed Chicken, deboned, deskinned and pulled (stewed in your favorite tangy & savory spices; I used Dijon, cracked pepper, pepper flakes, garlic, Lawry's, and Montreal seasoning, w/1/2 stick of butter in 1" water in Crockpot for 8hrs- save and freeze other 1/2 chicken)
- Olive Oil (I used a sun-dried tomato infused oil)
- 8-10 Redskin Potatoes, quartered
- 1/2c green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2c sweet Onion, chopped
- 2-3cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1can diced or crushed Tomatoes
- 1+tsps Paprika
- 1+tsps Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4c Parsley, chopped
- 1-2c reserved Stock from stewing chicken
- couple splashes of Red Wine or redwine Vinegar
- cooked long-grain Rice, for serving
- Parsley and grated Parmesan for garnish
- Heat oil in Dutch oven; saute pepper, onion, potatoes and garlic 7-10min.
- Add tomatoes, spices; stir and cook 3-5min.
- Add parsley, chicken meat and stock, and splash or 3 of wine/vinegar to taste; blend well, reduce heat, cover (w/lid cocked slightly) and cook, stirring occasionally til potatoes are tender; start out w/1c stock and add more if need be to thin sauce.
- Serve over rice w/garnish, and bread on the side.