- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup portabello mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups chicken stock (HomeMade is best)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon (Grandular type)
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken breasts, raw and cubed
- 3/4 cup powdered milk
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- In a small fry pan add olive oil, onion, portabello and celery.
- Cook till soft, set aside in into another bowl.
- In the same pan, saute Chicken pieces with alittle olive oil till done. About 10 minutes.
- In stock pot add the chicken stock, 3 tablespoons of the chicken boullion, and cubed chicken. Cooked about 10 minutes.
- Heat to a soft boil, reduce heat and add the onion, mushroom and celery mixture, and the powdered milk.
- Add the spinach and basil.
- Simmer just till spinach and basil are limp. About 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, stir til melted.
- Bring back to a soft boil.
- Add corn starch in 1/3 cups cold water, slowly add into the chicken stock.
- Stir till all is thicken.
- In bowl, add butter and flour till like small peas.
- Add enough water to make a nice pie dough.
- Roll out on floured board and cut into desired shapes, place onto cookie sheet, bake till light brown.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- To serve:.
- Laddle into bowl.
- Place pieces of the crust on top of the soup. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More