- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12.5 oz) can of Tyson Premuim White Meat Chicken breast; drained (you can cook and cut up your own chicken, but for time-saving purposes, I have found this chicken to be just as delicious)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken
- Ritz Crackers, about half a sleeve, crushed
- Poppy Seeds
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a square baking dish, place the chicken pieces along the bottom. In a separate small bowl, mix together the sour cream and the cream of chicken. Spread the mixture over the chicken in the baking dish. Top with the crushed Ritz crackers. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the casserole, lightly. Season the casserole with salt and pepper, about a teaspoon of each. Pour the melted butter over the top of the casserole, making sure to coat as much of the top as possible, without over-soaking.
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes (if using darker baking dish, cook longer), or until the casserole starts to bubble.
NotesI'm sure everyone has their own variation of this casserole. My mother taught me how to make this before I went off to college, I think so that I wouldn't starve. Or maybe so that I could have one dish I could bake to impress the boys. :) Whatever reason it was, it worked! I didn't starve, and I impressed all the boys with my one dish!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy LifeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More