- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup baby carrots (quartered)
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (12oz.) chicken gravy
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On lightly floured surface, unroll puff pastry.
- Roll to 11 inches square. Cut off corners to make 11 in. round.
- Cut slits or small designs in several places. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, add to pan, cook about 4 minutes stirring frequently, until no longer pink inside.
- Add onion and carrots; cook and stir 5 minutes or till crisp tender. Remove from heat and stir in peas.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients EXCEPT EGG with wire whisk til blended. Stir in chicken mixture in skillet.
- Spoon into 9 in. deep dish glass pie plate (Spray first with cooking spray)
- Place pastry over filling, allowing to hang over the edge just a little.
- Place dish on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Brush crust with beaten egg. Cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NotesOne of the best chicken pot pies I had was at Lady and Sons in Savannah Georgia. I love Paula Deen, so when I saw this recipe I thought of her version of it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More