- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 6 TBSP flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half n half or heavy cream
- 2 cup mixed veggies
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut up
- 4 white potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 pie crusts
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in pot and stir in flour to make a thick paste.
- Stir in broth and cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Add veggies, potatoes, and chicken, stir to combine.
- Pour into pie crust, add top crust, poke holes to vent.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden
NotesThis recipe came from a friend whose mother has made it for years. It is such a big hit, even with people who don't normally like pot pie.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Lau Family Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More