- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies (i think it turns out better if you slightly cook them first)
- 2 cups bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400'
- Heat butter in large pan over low heat until melted. Saute onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until blended and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in broth, and 1 1/3 cups milk. Heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Stir in chicken and veggies, poor mixture into 9x13 casserole dish. Set aside
- Stir bisquick, 1 cup milk and eggs until blended. Pour over chicken and veggie mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. (You might want to place the casserole dish on a cookie sheet before placing in the oven to catch any spills that might bubble over
Notesi know there are probably a million recipes out there for Chicken Pot Pie. Im not a big fan of pie crust, so this recipe really appeals to me. I don't remember where I got it....koodo's to whoever put this together.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Home cookingSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More