- Cooking Time: 25
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn, or fresh
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced up and slightly cooked
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked, diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 rotisserie-style chicken, boned and cut up
- 1 beaten egg
- After cooking the potatoes, salt and pepper them. Sauté the onions and garlic in a small amount of butter until translucent. Mix the potoatoes, peas, carrots, corn, and onions.
- Set aside.
- In a large pan melt one stick of butter.
- Add ¾ cup of flour, whisking until smooth.
- Add 2 ½ cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cook a few minutes until thick.
- Add two tablespoons of a good chicken base.
- Do not use bouillon cubes.
- Add ½ cup whipping cream, 1 dash of hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully stir in the chicken and vegetables. Place in casserole or individually casseroles and cover with a pastry crust.
- Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe in a southern cookbook and changed a few ingredients. This is sooo good. You can use store purchased pie crusts or make your own. Sometimes I make small ones in ramekins. These can also be frozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More