- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 medium potatoes (I prefer red) - cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 c. sliced baby carrots (thick slices)
- 1 small sweet onion-diced
- 1 c frozen peas
- 4 green onions-chopped
- 1/2 c fresh mushrooms-sliced
- 1/4 c butter-cubed
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 c half & half cream
- 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c. cooked chicken - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 single pie crust-store bought or homemade
- Put carrots and potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook, covered, just until done and drain. Do not overcook.
- Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add the cream and stir until thickened.
- Add the boullion cubes, thyme, salt, pepper and both onions.
- Cook for 5-7 min until the mushroom are slightly tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- In the large bowl with the potatoes and carrots, add the cream mixture, the chicken and peas.
- Mix carefully and transfer to a 2 quart round baking dish.
- Place crust over filling, trim, seal and flute edges.
- Slit the crust and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 min until the filling is bubly and the crust is golden brown.
NotesI tried several times to make a pot pie and finally came up with this recipe that my family really likes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Naked Macaron
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More