- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 medium potatoes (I prefer red) - cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 c. sliced baby carrots (thick slices)
- 1 small sweet onion-diced
- 1 c frozen peas
- 4 green onions-chopped
- 1/2 c fresh mushrooms-sliced
- 1/4 c butter-cubed
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 c half & half cream
- 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 c. cooked chicken - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 single pie crust-store bought or homemade
- Put carrots and potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Cook, covered, just until done and drain. Do not overcook.
- Put in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and stir until smooth.
- Slowly add the cream and stir until thickened.
- Add the boullion cubes, thyme, salt, pepper and both onions.
- Cook for 5-7 min until the mushroom are slightly tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- In the large bowl with the potatoes and carrots, add the cream mixture, the chicken and peas.
- Mix carefully and transfer to a 2 quart round baking dish.
- Place crust over filling, trim, seal and flute edges.
- Slit the crust and bake at 375 for 25 to 30 min until the filling is bubly and the crust is golden brown.
NotesI tried several times to make a pot pie and finally came up with this recipe that my family really likes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More