- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pastry for 9" two crust pie (I use individual size pie pans, so I make pastry accordingly. I usually get 10 pies.)
- 2 Tb. butter
- 2 Tb. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. cream
- 2 c. cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can Veg-All vegetables, drained
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and thyme. Cook over low hear, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and Veg-All.
- Put about 3/4 c. into pastry lined pie pans. Put on top crust, seal it and either bake immediately or freeze until ready to use. Bake at 425º for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesThese are so much better than the ones you find in the freezer section. I don't think I've bought any of those since finding this recipe! And I have Betty Crocker® to thank for that! This is my adaptation of one of her basic recipes.
This is wonderful served with piping hot dinner rolls and a salad!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More