- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For Chipotle's Marinade - CopyCat:
- 1 (2 ounce) package dried ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- For Quesadillas:
- 4 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, marinated, cooked and sliced 1/4" thick
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded monterey-jack cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- For marinade: Soak dry chilies overnight in water, until soft. Remove seeds. Add all ingredients except meat in food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spread mixture over chicken, or other meats and refrigerate at least one hour, up to 24 hours.
- After marinating, heat grill to about 400 degrees F, or if cooking inside, heat small amount of oil in skillet or grill pan over high heat. Salt meat to taste (optional), and grill lightly, turning only
- once, until done. 4 minutes per side of chicken.
- For Quesadillas: Preheat grill pan to medium heat
- Lay one tortilla out flat and place an thin even layer cheese on one half of the tortilla. Arrange 1 sliced chicken breast on top of the cheese and then place desired amount of cheese on top of the chicken and fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- -Spray grill pan with oil and place 2 quesadillas at a time on there. Pressing down to ensure even cooking. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then spray top with oil and flip over to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More