- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked short-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1/2-inch pieces (optional
- Heat oil in large heavy saucepan.
- Sauté chicken(optional).
- Add garlic,onions,shallot,celery and carrots.
- Cook stirring occasionally for appp. 20 minutes.
- Add rice and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and.
- Simmer for app 1 hour or until vegetables and rice are cooked.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
- I often make this soup without the chicken.
- Add any fresh herbs.
- This is very easy to transfer to your slow cooker and cook at Low for 4 hours.
NotesYou will love this soup;true comfort food
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More