- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- 1 box rigatoni pasta 1 lb.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 2 italian peppers chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes in puree
- 1 28 oz can tomato puree or sauce
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vodca
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- fresh parm. cheese
- fresh basil leaves for top of each plate - slivered
- Cut up chicken in small pieces.
- Fry in light olive oil in a stock pot. remove
- Add peppers, onions and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook a min until softened.
- Add chicken back to pot.
- Add tomatoes, puree, tomato paste, roasted peppers,
- chicken stock, basil, oregano, and sugar.
- Add water and cook for half hour.
- Boil Pasta until done, drain.
- Add vodca to sauce and let it cook out for 20 min.
- Take off heat for 10 min, then add cream.
- Serve with fresh basil and fresh parm. cheese on top.
NotesTried to copy the chicken riggies we used to eat from my husband Steve's hometown of Utica, NY.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More