- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 16 ounces chicken breast, cooked, shredded or cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto or red kidney beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged pinto or red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked dry-packaged black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions and tops
- Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges; spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 375° F. until browned and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes; reserve.
- Combine chicken, beans, mango, zucchini, bell pepper and green onions in bowl; pour Honey-Cumin Vinaigrette over and toss.
- Arrange salad greens on serving plates and spoon chicken salad over; garnish with reserved tortilla wedges.
NotesRecipe provided courtesy of The Bean Education & Awareness Network.
TIP: Tortilla wedges can be made 3 to 4 days in advance; store at room temperature in airtight container.
Serving - about 1 cup
Nutrient Information Per serving: Calories 343; Fat 7g; % Calories from Fat 18; Calcium 131mg; Carbohydrate 49g; Folate 210mcg; Sodium 564mg; Protein 27g; Dietary Fiber 10g; Cholesterol 46mg