- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 to 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy family likes sandwiches in the summer and we also like chicken salad...so this just goes well together.
NOTE: You may cook your own chicken breast..you'll need 2
If you can't find Jarlsberg cheese(sometimes I can't) I use what ever kind I have on hand.
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated Pizza
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (6oz) pkg. refrigerated cooked
- Italian-style chicken breast,
- finely chopped**
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped green
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo or salad dressing
- 1 large tomato
- 4 slices of Jarlsberg Cheese (deli)
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Grease large cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Starting at the center, press out dough to form 15x10 rectangle.
- Brush oil over dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400* for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine chicken, onions and Mayo; mix well.
- Cut baked crust in half crosswise.
- Spread chicken mixture on one half.
- Top with tomato and cheese, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Cover with remaining half of baked crust, seasoning side down.
- Cut into 4 sandwiches.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 sandwiches in skillet; cook about 2 minutes, pressing down with pancake turner, until bottom of the crust is a golden brown.
- Turn sandwiches;cook about 2 minutes longer, again pressing down with the pancake turner, until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.